General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): Kosbit LLC
Defining GDPR and Why is it Important?
DPR is significant legislation designed to impact and unify data protection laws for all individuals within the European Union. The regulation took effect recently, on the 25th of May 2018.
At Kosbit LLC, protecting user data is a high priority issue, and we are doing what’s necessary to ensure we are GDPR compliant.
How is Kosbit Enforcing GDPR Compliance?
We have developed a policy guide as part of our commitment to customers. This guide provides a list of activities that will be completed before May 25 to become GDPR compliant. Our team is committed to maintaining this deliverable and we frequently consult with our legal counsellors to guarantee that client information is secured to the best of our capacity. We will continually update this policy guide as we move through the process of compliance.
What do you need to do as a Kosbit User?
As a user, there are several things you can do to safeguard your data:
- Confirm that we can contact you by email.
- Check your Inbox, as we will be sending an email about GDFR. Update your email preferences via our new Preferences Center.
GDPR changes won’t directly impact your interaction with Kosbit, and you’ll be able to continue as you always have.
The GDPR Roadmap to Compliance:
These steps have already been completed by Kosbit LLC as part of our compliance plan:
- Research all the areas of Kosbit that are impacted by the GDPR.
- Appoint a Data Protection Officer
- Develop strategies and plans for addressing the product requirements that will be impacted by the GDPR.
- Perform compliance improvements and changes to the product.
- Implement the required changes to all internal processes that are impacted by the GDPR.
- Conduct testing of all changes to validate that the changes maintain standards established by the GDPR.
Find more information on GDPR here.
Here is a full breakdown of the GDPR here.
Read the Guide to the General Data Protection Regulation.
See the complete Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council here.